from Martha Stewart's latest magazine..want to put it here for future reference
Make and share this Raspberry Cream Sandwich Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5⁄8 cup unsalted butter, softened (10 Tbls.)
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean, halved lengthwise, seeds scraped and reserved
- 6 ounces fresh raspberries (1 1/2 cups)
- 7 1⁄2 ounces best quality white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Mix butter, and 1 1/2 cup gran. sugar, with mixer on medium high speed till pale and fluffy.about 2-3 minutes.
- Add egg, extract and vanilla seeds.mix well till smooth. Reduce speed to low.
- Gradually add flour mixture.Mix till well combined.
- Scoop batter using a 1" ice cream scoop, space about 2" apart on sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake cookies 4 minutes. Remove sheets from oven and gently tap baking sheets to flatten cookies---return to oven, switching positions and bake till cookies are set--4-6 minutes more.
- Let cool on parchment paper on wire racks.
- Puree raspberries and remaining 2 tsps sugar in a food processor. Pour mixture through a fine sieve into a small bowl.press to extract all juice.
- Discard seeds.
- Melt white chocolate in heatproof bowl over simmering water.
- Remove from heat, whisk in cream, in a slow stream.
- Whisk in reserved raspberry mixture. Chill for 30 minutes.
- When cookies are cooled, spread about 1 tsp raspberry cream on undersides of cookies.top with matching cookie half.
- Store at room temperature in airtight container for up to 2 days.