Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This delicious raspberry pie has a cream cheese layer and a thin chocolate topping. This is sure to impress your family or guests.
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups fresh raspberries or 2 cups frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil.
- Bake at 450 for 8 minutes.
- Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir in the raspberries; bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; cool for 15 minutes.
- Spread into shell; refrigerate.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Carefully spread over raspberry layer.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Melt chocolate and butter; cool for 4-5 minutes.
- Pour over filling.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Store in the refrigerator.