Recipe by MA HIKER
This is very easy & delicious! The original recipe (from BHG) calls it "Black Raspberry Cream Pie" - we couldn't find black raspberry jam at our local discount grocer so used red raspberry fruit spread (no sugar added! so better for you). And we added two drops each of blue & red food coloring to give it the purplish black raspberry look. I use Graham Cracker Crust Low Fat Low Sugar for the pie shell. Freezing time is NOT included in prep or cook time. I recommend you make this a day in advance.
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crumb crust
- 1 egg white, beaten (not necessary if you use crust recipe noted above)
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip (I use "free", the nonfat version)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (I use the low fat)
- 1 (10 ounce) jar raspberry spreadable fruit
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Brush pie shell with beaten egg white (unless using recipe noted above). Bake for 5 minutes (including recipe above). Let cool on a wire rack.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium-high until smooth.
- Add raspberry spread. Beat on low speed until just combined.
- Fold in the cool whip, beat on low speed until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into pie shell.
- Cover and freeze for 4 to 24 hours or until firm (will not be rock hard like ice cream).
- Garnish with fresh berries, lemon peel twist and/or mint leaves.