Recipe by Perfect Pixie
Mum made this for Dad's birthday, it was really spectacular. Out of a aga cookbook by Mary Berry
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
Wonderful Pavlova, served at a family bar b q and looked so impressive. Was gone before I could even get a photo. This is one of the best I've made and will now become my go to recipe
- 3 egg whites
- 175 g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream, whipped
- 225 g fresh raspberries (or fruit of your choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 150 degrees C.
- line a baking sheet with silicone paper and mark a 8inch circle on it.
- whisk the egg whites until they are stiff.
- then whisk in the sugar 1 teaspoon full at a time, until all added
- blend the vinegar with the cornflour and whisk in.
- spread mixture out to cover circle on the silicone paper, building up the sides so they are higher than the centre.
- place the baking sheet in oven then immediately turn down the heat to 140 degrees C
- leave to cook for 1 hour.
- then turn the heat right off but leave pavlova inside until it's completely cold.
- to serve:.
- fold together the cream and fruit and pile into the centre of the pavlova.
- leave to stand in the fridge for about an hour before serving.