Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Mum made this for Dad's birthday, it was really spectacular. Out of a aga cookbook by Mary Berry
Make and share this Raspberry Cream Pavlova recipe from Food.com.
- preheat oven to 150 degrees C.
- line a baking sheet with silicone paper and mark a 8inch circle on it.
- whisk the egg whites until they are stiff.
- then whisk in the sugar 1 teaspoon full at a time, until all added
- blend the vinegar with the cornflour and whisk in.
- spread mixture out to cover circle on the silicone paper, building up the sides so they are higher than the centre.
- place the baking sheet in oven then immediately turn down the heat to 140 degrees C
- leave to cook for 1 hour.
- then turn the heat right off but leave pavlova inside until it's completely cold.
- to serve:.
- fold together the cream and fruit and pile into the centre of the pavlova.
- leave to stand in the fridge for about an hour before serving.
I doubled up this recipe for a Birthday party, it was the first dessert to go. Everyone loved it.
Even though I overbeat the eggwhites the meringue came out really well. This raspberry pavlova is a wonderful way to finish off a meal! Thanks...I'll be keeping this as my meringue recipe from now on!