Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful, not excessively sweet no-sugar-added frosting created to go on the Gluten-Free 2-Layer Butter Cake with Red Raspberry Filling (#187147) that I posted separately. Must be used immediately after making it, so whip it up right before you're going to serve the cake. This is not a frosting in the Duncan Hines sense of the word - It is slightly firmer than whipped cream but not as dense as buttercream. It's a light and airy topping that is fabulous on fresh fruit or cupcakes in addition to cake.
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raspberry jam (fruit-sweetened, no sugar added)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 -3 drops red food coloring (optional) or 2 -3 drops beet juice (optional)
- Use an electric mixer or electric beater to whip the jam and vanilla smooth.
- Stir in the cream and, if desired, a few drops of red food coloring or beet juice.
- Increase the mixer speed to medium-high and whip until the cream is stiff. When it has the light, airy consistency of whip cream, continue whipping it for one minute longer to give it a firmer texture. Use immediately.