Chef #208121's Note:
They state you can use a variety of fillings and assemble it when you are ready so you can have a special treat Christmas Morning. Looking at their photo my mouth drooled and I am not feeling good so that says something... A note? Do not sub into this one ok? If it says butter use butter. See note on Raspberry Enlightenment with this exception.
My Private Note
for two ...
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, slightly softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 ounce yeast
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons raspberry enlightenment, see note or 4 tablespoons raspberry fruit filling
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1Put flour, butter, sugar, salt in bowl. Using pastry blender or your hands blend until mixture is crumbly.
- 2In another bowl mix yeast, eggs and milk. Add milk to dry. Mix well with fork until blended and form a ball. Work final flour into dough with hands.
- 3Divide into two pieces flatten to disks wrap in plastic and refrigerate over night.
- 4Preheat oven to 350. Beat cream chees sugar and vanilla together.
- 5Roll out dough into rectangle 1/8 inch thin. [Use a pastry rolling pin if you have one. As wide as cookie sheet and as close to 1/8 inch as you can get.].
- 6Spread 1/2 cream cheese filling over each piece. Then -- Spread with 1/2 of raspberry enlightenment. Finally Sprinkle with half pecans.
- 7Rolling from short end roll each side to center. Pinch center and roll ends under.
- 8Place each on a NOT greased cookie sheet.
- 9Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Change racks halfway through baking time. Go from lower to higher and higher to lower. When Golden cool on cooling rack for at least 10 minutes before glazing.
- 10Mix glaze ingredients and whisk until smooth. Top Kringles with glaze.
- 11Serve warm.
- 12After all this typing wife gets one. I get one. I have no clue what you are going to do.
- 13Note: This is a Penzey's product called Raspberry Enlightenment. It and it consists of Ingredients: raspberries, sugar, water, tapioca starch, spices, citric acid.
- 14Translated use a Raspberry thinnish jam or fruit filling. The tapioca is your thickener. Do not attempt to make if you are a beginner unless you buy the specified product or have access to a long time baker. It takes some knowledge of baking to know what to sub. However if you want to buy check Penzey's online.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry Cream Cheese Kringle by Penzeys
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 728.3
- Calories from Fat 350
- Total Fat 38.9 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 125.7 mg
- Sodium 475.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 44.6 g
- Protein 10.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: