Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
They state you can use a variety of fillings and assemble it when you are ready so you can have a special treat Christmas Morning. Looking at their photo my mouth drooled and I am not feeling good so that says something... A note? Do not sub into this one ok? If it says butter use butter. See note on Raspberry Enlightenment with this exception.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, slightly softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 ounce yeast
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons raspberry enlightenment, see note or 4 tablespoons raspberry fruit filling
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 2⁄3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 -2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Put flour, butter, sugar, salt in bowl. Using pastry blender or your hands blend until mixture is crumbly.
- In another bowl mix yeast, eggs and milk. Add milk to dry. Mix well with fork until blended and form a ball. Work final flour into dough with hands.
- Divide into two pieces flatten to disks wrap in plastic and refrigerate over night.
- Preheat oven to 350. Beat cream chees sugar and vanilla together.
- Roll out dough into rectangle 1/8 inch thin. [Use a pastry rolling pin if you have one. As wide as cookie sheet and as close to 1/8 inch as you can get.].
- Spread 1/2 cream cheese filling over each piece. Then -- Spread with 1/2 of raspberry enlightenment. Finally Sprinkle with half pecans.
- Rolling from short end roll each side to center. Pinch center and roll ends under.
- Place each on a NOT greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Change racks halfway through baking time. Go from lower to higher and higher to lower. When Golden cool on cooling rack for at least 10 minutes before glazing.
- Mix glaze ingredients and whisk until smooth. Top Kringles with glaze.
- Serve warm.
- After all this typing wife gets one. I get one. I have no clue what you are going to do.
- Note: This is a Penzey's product called Raspberry Enlightenment. It and it consists of Ingredients: raspberries, sugar, water, tapioca starch, spices, citric acid.
- Translated use a Raspberry thinnish jam or fruit filling. The tapioca is your thickener. Do not attempt to make if you are a beginner unless you buy the specified product or have access to a long time baker. It takes some knowledge of baking to know what to sub. However if you want to buy check Penzey's online.