Recipe by Rita~
Creamy, Light and Airy nicely flavored of raspberries.No you are not limited to one flavor play and enjoy!
Top Review by Vraklis
Oh, wow! This is the most wonderful frosting--so light and fluffy and delicious! I omitted the shortening & doubled the butter and and used 2 tsp of raspberry flavoring instead of the liquor. I used it to frost a chocolate cake and embellished it with chocolate-dipped raspberries and dark chocolate drizzle. Made a beautiful and delicious cake!
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces vegetable shortening
- 1⁄4 cup seedless raspberry preserves (Flavor can be your choice)
- 2 tablespoons Chambord raspberry liquor (Use liquor according to preserve flavor)
- 2 lbs powdered sugar, sifted
- food coloring (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor beat cream cheese, butter, and shortening till light and airy. Add preserves and Chambord and pulse till blended.
- Adding the sugar till the cosistancy is where you want. Adding more for decorating and less to make a smooth and creamy frosting or glaze if you prefer.
- Add food coloring if wanted.