This is one of my favorite coffeecakes. It is pretty and it taste wonderful! Warm the jam slightly and it will spread easier. Using the sour cream and milk mixture makes it even more tender.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter (light stick butter works fine!)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream (or 1/2 cup sour cream and 1/4 cup milk combined, I use light sour cream & 1% milk)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces cream cheese (light cream cheese or neufchatel cheese works fine)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup raspberry jam (I use sugar free)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and 3/4 cup sugar. Using pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve 1 cup of crumbs.
- To remaining crumb mixture, add baking powder, baking soda, salt, sour cream, almond extract, and 1 egg. Blend well.
- Spread batter over bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of greased and floured 9 inch springform pan. Batter should be about 1/4 inch thick on sides.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 egg. Blend well.
- Pour in batter lined pan.
- Spoon jam over cream cheese mixture. In a small bowl, combine reserved crumbs and sliced almonds. Sprinkle over jam.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes.