Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
- In a medium mixing bowl cut cream cheese into biscuit mix until crumbly. Stir in the 1/3 cup milk. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 8 to 10 strokes.
- On waxed paper roll dough to a 12 x 8 inch rectangle. Turn onto a greased baking sheet; remove paper. Spread preserves down center of dough.
- Make 2 1/2 inch long cuts at 1 inch intervals, from edges of long sides toward the center.
- Starting at an end, alternately fold opposite strips of dough, at an angle, across the filling. Slightly press ends together in the center to seal.
- Bake in a 425° oven for 15 to 17 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine powdered sugar, vanilla and enough of the 1 to 3 teaspoons milk to make it of drizzling consistency. Drizzle over warm coffee cake. If desired, sprinkle with almonds.