Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I would have one of these delicious muffins every morning for breakfast if I could!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temp
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup raspberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a large (1 cup capacity) 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup of the flour, soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and sugar until fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients alternating with the milk.
- Add the additional 3/4 cup flour until well combined.
- Spoon the batter into muffin cups.
- Spoon 3 small dollops of raspberry preserves on top of each bun.
- Using a small knife, swirl the preserves into the batter to make a marbled effect.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Do not over bake!
These are very good and quite addictive. Probably not the best thing for breakfast, so I also had them for dessert and tea. LOL. Didn't change a thing, although it took me about 35 minutes before they were done. Thanks Marie Alice.