Recipe by Lainey6605
This recipe was posted in Good Housekeeping magazine. It is a celebrity dish from Ray Romano. It looks delicious!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) jarall-fruit seedless raspberry preserves (3/4 cup)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, sliced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly spray 13-inch by 9-inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare brownie batter: In 2 to 3 quart heavy saucepan, melt butter on medium-low.
- Whisk in cocoa and cook until mixture bubbles.
- Remove from heat and whisk in sugar and preserves.
- Whisk in eggs and vanilla until thoroughly blended.
- In small bowl, stir flour and baking soda; add to chocolate mixture, stirring just until blended.
- Pour batter into baking dish and smooth top.
- Prepare swirl topping: with mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla until blended.
- Fold in raspberries.
- Spoon large dollops of topping over brownie batter, spacing evenly.
- With knife, swirl topping into batter.
- Sprinkle with the almonds, if using.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean with a few moist crumbs attached.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into 24 squares.