Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
Very rich brownies. almost sinful!
Raspberry Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 lb cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 8 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup raspberry jam
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- PREPARE FILLING Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350°F Line 13- by 9-inch baking pan with foil, allowing excess to hang over pan edges. Grease foil. Process cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla in food processor until smooth.
- MIX BATTER Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in bowl. Microwave butter and chocolate in large bowl, stirring occasionally, until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in ½ cup jam; let cool slightly. Add sugar, eggs, and vanilla to chocolate mixture, stirring until combined. Whisk in flour mixture until incorporated.
- LAYER FILLING Microwave remaining jam until warm, about 30 seconds; stir until smooth. Scrape half of batter into prepared pan. Dollop filling over batter and spread into even layer. Dollop warm jam over filling and, using toothpick, swirl jam through filling. Spread remaining batter evenly over filling.
- BAKE BROWNIES Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out with few wet crumbs attached, 50 to 60 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack for at least 2 hours. Using foil overhang, lift brownies from pan and cut into 1½-inch squares. Serve. (Brownies can be refrigerated in airtight container for 2 days.).
These are really good, but putsy and expensive to make. Everyone liked them though so that made it worth it. They really are better the next day - and even better the following! They get fudgier as they sit. I got Bonne Maman jam - my fave - because it has no high fructose corn syrup and it was yummy. These are great for people who like really fudgy brownies, I think I like cakier ones a smidge better. I think I might try and find a cocoa powder based brownie next time with less cream cheese and jam so it's more budget friendly.
VERY, VERY NICE TASTING BROWNIES, & yes, they're definitely rich, but sinful, no, but then I have a very chocolate-centered moral code, so . . ! Made these just for the 2 of us, but then allowed my other half to take almost 2/3 of them to enjoy & share at work! You have a great recipe here, that I'll be keeping on file ~ Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Every Day Is a Holiday! tag]
ALMOST SINFUL ?? I think I need to go to confessional. The zaar should have extra stars for recipes like this.