This is adapted from a recipe from Cooking Light Magazine. My version is a little (okay, a lot) more caloric, but truly superb!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 ounce cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white
- cooking spray
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 3 tablespoons raspberry preserves
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2To prepare the filling, beat the first 5 ingredients at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended, and set aside.
- 3To prepare the brownies, coat the bottom of an 8-inch baking pan with cooking spray (do not coat the sides of the pan).
- 4Lightly spoon 3/4 cup flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife.
- 5Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- 6Combine 1 cup sugar and the next 6 ingredients (1 cup sugar through the 2 egg whites), stirring well with a whisk.
- 7Add to the flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- 8Spread two-thirds of batter in bottom of prepared pan.
- 9Pour filling over batter, spreading evenly.
- 10Carefully drop the remaining batter and preserves by spoonfuls over filling; swirl together using the tip of a knife to marble.
- 11Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out almost clean.
- 12Cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry Cream Cheese Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (741 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.0
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 22.7 mg
- Sodium 85.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 2.5 g