Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is adapted from a recipe from Cooking Light Magazine. My version is a little (okay, a lot) more caloric, but truly superb!
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 ounce cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white
- cooking spray
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 3 tablespoons raspberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To prepare the filling, beat the first 5 ingredients at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended, and set aside.
- To prepare the brownies, coat the bottom of an 8-inch baking pan with cooking spray (do not coat the sides of the pan).
- Lightly spoon 3/4 cup flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Combine 1 cup sugar and the next 6 ingredients (1 cup sugar through the 2 egg whites), stirring well with a whisk.
- Add to the flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Spread two-thirds of batter in bottom of prepared pan.
- Pour filling over batter, spreading evenly.
- Carefully drop the remaining batter and preserves by spoonfuls over filling; swirl together using the tip of a knife to marble.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out almost clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.