Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 55 mins
I got this out of one of those Christmas books you can buy-but don't remember which one. The instructions look involved, but it's really very simple, and simply scrumptious! By the way, I couldn't find raspberry flavored chips, so I melted a little seedles raspberry jam and incorporated it into the batter. Worked great. The zaar won't let me type in "raspberry flavored semi-sweet chocolate chips, but that's what you are looking for.
- 1 (10 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided (raspberry flavored)
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 (12 ounce) jar seedless raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and 1 2/3 cup sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in 3 eggs, 1 at at time.
- In a smallish bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
- In a small bowl, microwave 1 2/3 cup chocolate chips @ 80% power about 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute. Be careful the chips don't seize. I have found they are likely to do this in a microwave.
- Stir melted chocolate into butter/sugar mix.
- Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Stir until it is well blended.
- Line a 9" spring form pan with foil and grease.
- Spread chocolate mixture into pan.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- In a small bowl, microwave remaining chips on 80% power for 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/3 cup sugar till smooth.
- Add 1 egg and 1 tsp vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Stir in melted chocolate.
- Gently spread cream cheese misture over warm brownie layer.
- Bake approx 15 minutes or until cream cheese mixture is set. Cool on wire rack.
- Cover and chill.
- To serve, melt jam in a heavy small saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat, cool.
- Remove sides of springform pan.
- Spoon melted raspberry jam over each piece of pie.