Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the Magnolia Bakery. Their most popular breakfast item.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry preserves
- confectioners' sugar
- Grease and lightly flour 9 large muffin cups.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour and next 3 ingredients; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, and sugar together, using an electric mixer on medium speed, for 3 minutes.
- Add in the eggs; beat well.
- Add the dry ingredients in two parts, alternating with the milk and vanilla; mix to combine after each addition.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling 2/3 full.
- Drop 3 small dollops (about a teaspoonful each) of raspberry preserves onto the top of each bun.
- Using the tip of a sharp knife, swirl the preserves into the batter, forming a decorative pattern.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 25-30 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
- Allow buns to cool for about 30 minutes before sprinkling with confectioners' sugar and serving.
Very nice. Simple, but pretty and tasty. I have served with breakfast, but they are also nice on a bruch buffet.