Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
I can't wait to try this! It won the Grand Prize in the Mayfest baking contest here in Indiana.... It sounds soooo good!! Prep time does not include time needed to let the bread rise...
- 33.27 ml active dry yeast
- 118.29 ml warm water
- 59.14 ml butter, soft
- 36.97 ml sugar
- 1 egg
- 0.59 ml salt
- 473.18-551.25 ml all-purpose flour
- 354.88 ml raspberry pie filling
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 7.39 ml lemon juice
- 1.23 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml powdered sugar (optional)
- 22.18 ml milk (optional)
- In mixing bow, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add butter, sugar, eggs, salt and 1 cup of flour.
- Mix well.
- Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic.
- Place in greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled in size; 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Set aside.
- On a floured surface, roll dough into a 15 x 9 inch rectangle.
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Spread cream cheese filling lengthwise down center third of dough.
- Spread the raspberry pie filling on top.
- On each long side, cut 1 inch wide strips, 3 inches into center.
- Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling; seal ends.
- Cover and let rise for 20 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool if desired.
- Combine icing ingredients and drizzle over braid.
This was very good. I used an apple fruit filling rather than raspberry. The bread kept very well for several days in the refrigerator. This recipe makes one monstrous bread braid. I mixed the dough in my bread machine. It was very easy to roll out. Good recipe. I recommend it.
This is wonderful, my family loved it. It was very easy to make also.