I can't wait to try this! It won the Grand Prize in the Mayfest baking contest here in Indiana.... It sounds soooo good!! Prep time does not include time needed to let the bread rise...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup butter, soft
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 -2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups raspberry pie filling
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1In mixing bow, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- 2Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 3Add butter, sugar, eggs, salt and 1 cup of flour.
- 4Mix well.
- 5Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 6Turn onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic.
- 7Place in greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- 8Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled in size; 45 minutes.
- 9Meanwhile combine cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- 10Set aside.
- 11On a floured surface, roll dough into a 15 x 9 inch rectangle.
- 12Place on a greased baking sheet.
- 13Spread cream cheese filling lengthwise down center third of dough.
- 14Spread the raspberry pie filling on top.
- 15On each long side, cut 1 inch wide strips, 3 inches into center.
- 16Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling; seal ends.
- 17Cover and let rise for 20 minutes.
- 18Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- 19Cool if desired.
- 20Combine icing ingredients and drizzle over braid.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry Cream Cheese Bread
Serving Size: 1 (903 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2581.9
- Calories from Fat 1204
- Total Fat 133.7 g
- Saturated Fat 81.0 g
- Cholesterol 582.9 mg
- Sodium 1379.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 289.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.4 g
- Sugars 83.2 g
- Protein 60.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
raspberry pie filling