Recipe by Just Cher
Recently I received a package from my friend and swap partner who sent me a lovely jar of black Raspberry preserves. These preserves were too special not to put into a recipe. I adapted a recipe I had that called for apricot preserves and in the end the results were a very pretty and wonderful dessert. Hope you enjoy as much as my family and I did
Top Review by Bev
These bars are really quite good, Cher! I substituted Smucker's Blackberry Jam for the raspberry and the results were fantastic! Otherwise, I prepared as instructed following all the steps as Cher listed. I loved the almond addition in the topping adding a nice crunchy texture! Quite delicious and devoured by all!
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (18 ounce) jar red raspberry preserves or 1 (18 ounce) jarblack raspberry preserves
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl cream together the butter and brown sugar.
- Combine the oats, flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Press three fourths of the mixture into a greased 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 11-13 minutes or until set and edges just begin to brown In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mix well.
- Spread over crust.
- Drop preserves by spoonfuls over cream cheese mixture, spreading carefully and evenly.
- Combine almonds and remaining oat mixture.
- Sprinkle over preserves.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until set and edges are golden brown.
- Cool before cutting.
- Store in the refrigerator.