Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
You can choose any flavor of preserves. From Taste of Home.
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (18 ounce) jar red raspberry preserves
- 1⁄3 cup chopped slivered almonds
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar.
- Combine the oats, flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Press 3/4 of the mixture into a greased 13x9 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 11-13 minutes or until set and edges just begin to brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- Spread over crust.
- Drop preserves by spoonfuls over cream cheese mixture; carefully spread evenly.
- Combine almonds and remaining oat mixture; sprinkle over preserves.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until set and edges are golden brown.
- Cool before cutting.
- Store in refrigerator.