This is a lighter version of a cheesecake. It is wonderful and often requested at our house :) Can use strawberries too.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese (can use light)
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (3 ounce) package Jello gelatin (raspberry or strawberry)
- 1 cup water, boiling
- 2 cups frozen raspberries or 2 cups strawberries
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, cinnamon and melted margarine together.
- Press into 9x12 pan.
- Chill for 1/2 hour.
- Mix the cream chees, icing sugar, vanilla and salt together.
- Spread on base.
- Dissolve 1 package of jello in 1 cup of boiling water.
- Fold in frozen berries until partially set.
- Pour on top of cream chees layer.
- Serve with whipped cream or cool whip.
Made for photo tag. I LOVE the cinnamon in the graham cracker crust! I will definitely double the cream cheese filling next time! I had a little trouble with the crust staying together but the taste was fabulous!
Very refreshing and fruity! I doubled the cream cheese filling and the fruit topping and got really great results. When I made it the first time, I didn't double the cream cheese filling and it was pretty hard to spread so thinly.