Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe while surfing the web, in a moment of madness, and found this raspberrydelicious recipe. Cake mix, raspberries and cream cheese in wonderful bar recipe. Yes the raspberry preserves are listed twice.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup raspberry preserves
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- CRUST: Mix cake mix and butter until crumbly.
- Reserve 1 cup of crumb mixture.
- Press remaining crumb mixture into 13x9 pan.
- Spread 1 cup raspberry preserves over crust.
- It spreads easier if you heat it slightly in a microwave.
- FILLING: Blend cream cheese, flour, sugar, vanilla extract and egg until well blended.
- Fold in 1/4 cup raspberry preserves.
- Spread carefully over crust.
- Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over filling.
- Bake 30-40 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool in pan before cutting into bars.
Overall the taste was good, but the top didn't brown enough for me and I cooked it 40+ mins and they were difficult to serve. I was hoping they would be thicker and stay together better. I loved the taste of the creamy layer and the preserves yumm!
I made these a few weeks ago and believe me they were a big hit. Devoured in no time at all, I will be making these again.
Awesome! This was the favorite of my Christmas desserts. They are so much easier than the wonderful flavor suggests. I will definitely be making these again! Thank you!