Recipe by mandabears
I found this recipe while surfing the web, in a moment of madness, and found this raspberrydelicious recipe. Cake mix, raspberries and cream cheese in wonderful bar recipe. Yes the raspberry preserves are listed twice.
Top Review by Vickiva
Overall the taste was good, but the top didn't brown enough for me and I cooked it 40+ mins and they were difficult to serve. I was hoping they would be thicker and stay together better. I loved the taste of the creamy layer and the preserves yumm!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup raspberry preserves
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- CRUST: Mix cake mix and butter until crumbly.
- Reserve 1 cup of crumb mixture.
- Press remaining crumb mixture into 13x9 pan.
- Spread 1 cup raspberry preserves over crust.
- It spreads easier if you heat it slightly in a microwave.
- FILLING: Blend cream cheese, flour, sugar, vanilla extract and egg until well blended.
- Fold in 1/4 cup raspberry preserves.
- Spread carefully over crust.
- Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over filling.
- Bake 30-40 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool in pan before cutting into bars.