Recipe by Trisha W
This yummy recipe is and has been a staple and favorite dish in our family esp. at Thanksgiving and Christmas for many years. We like the tang of the cranberry softened with the other ingredients. It makes a wonderful side dish and can pass as a dessert, too. It would be good anytime you were serving a turkey, chicken or ham dish.
Top Review by jacee23
I can't believe I haven't rated this yet. I used sugar free jello, cut back on the pecans, light cream cream and light sour cream and splenda. It was fantastic and disappeared quickly. Thanks Trisha for a great recipe.
- 1 (6 ounce) box raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix jello with the two cups of boiling water till disolved.
- Add the can of pineapple including the juice and the whole cranberry sauce and nuts.
- Let set in bowl or mold of choice.
- Blend the cream cheese, sour cream and sugar well.
- After jello has set, spread on top.