Recipe by Domestic Goddess
This tea is packed with lots of flavor. The frozen raspberries makes this tea taste incredible. Prep time includes steeping the tea. This is "the best" tasting raspberry flavored iced tea I've ever had.
Top Review by bill mayes
Miss goddess I want to thank you for this great drink recipe! Wow was it tasty and it was 95 in Richmond Va. Today. Everyone needs to try this, Its is very refreshing. You could bottle this and make a bundle. Thanks again
- 12 ounces frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 4 cups water
- 9 orange-pekoe & black tea bags
- 3 cups cranberry-raspberry juice
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, add the frozen raspberries, and the water.
- Bring water to a boil, stirring to break up the raspberries.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover the pan, and simmer the berries for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from the heat, strain and discard the raspberry seeds.
- Add the tea bags to the pan, cover the pan, and steep the tea for 1 hour.
- Remove the tea bags from the pan, and strain the tea once again. (This helps to remove any raspberries that are left in the pan).
- Pour the raspberry-tea into a heat proof glass pitcher.
- To the pitcher, add the sugar (the 1/2 cup, 1 tablespoon, and 1 teaspoon) and stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Add the raspberry-cranberry juice to the pitcher, and stir.
- At this point you can immediately serve the tea in a glass filled with ice, or you can chill the tea in the refrigerator until ready to serve.