Recipe by Bev
This intensely flavored sauce is a real treat served on ice cream, puddings, or poached fruit.
Top Review by Jaya S.
Loved it!!!!!!!!! Great paired with Chewy Brownies from Martha Stewart!(http://www.marthastewart.com/1165236/chewy-brownies) (And ice cream)Going to make again for when an exchange student comes from Germany!!!!! :-)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 lb fresh raspberries or 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 teaspoon kirsch (optional) or 1 teaspoon framboise eau-de-vie (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring from time to time, until the sugar dissolves completely, about 5 minutes.
- Put the raspberies and the sugar syrup in a blender and puree.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve to remove the seeds and stir in the kirsch or framboise, if using.
- The sauce keeps well, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for 4-5 days and freezes perfectly for several months.