Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A fantastic and easy fruit sauce to serve over you favourite dessert. Any berry can be used in substitution of the raspberries.
- 2 1⁄2 cups raspberries or 2 1⁄2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup caster sugar (aka Superfine sugar)
- Warm the water and sugar in a saucepan and stir until the sugar melts to form a light syrup.
- Add the berries and stir to combine. Heat for another minute or so, until the desired consistency is achieved.
- If a less lumpy sauce is required, process some to desired consistency. Another option is to push it thru a sieve or strainer if you dont want berry seeds in the syrup.
- Cool and refrigerate until required.
Quick and easy. I mixed with fresh blueberries and served over homemade vanilla ice cream. Yummy!
Fast and easy! I used this sauce on store-bought pound cake topped with vanilla ice cream and toasted almonds...yummy...I just need to add a bit sugar but that's just persoanl preference. Made for ZWT4.
This is exactly how I make mine! This is so wonderful for desserts. Thanks so much for posting! cheri