Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 3 hrs
Cook 5 mins
A make-ahead party-ready offering from "Hello, Jell-O!: 50+ Inventive Recipes for Gelatin Treats and Jiggly Sweets" by Victoria Belanger.
- In a large bowl, sprinkle the gelatin evenly over the cold water and allow the gelatin to absorb the water for 2 minutes.
- In a saucepan, bring the cranberry juice and sugar just to a boil over medium heat.
- Remove from the heat. Pour the boiling mixture into the gelatin and stir until the gelatin is fully dissolved.
- Let the mixture cool; stir in the triple sec, vodka and lime juice. Refrigerate until thickened. (See Note 1 below.).
- Fold in the raspberries. Spoon into a 4-cup mold or 5 to 8 martini glasses. Refrigerate until firm. (See Note 2 below.) Unmold and serve, or serve in the martini glasses.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for a minimum of 3 hours for individual molds, at least 4 hours for 2- to 6-cup molds and at least 5 hours or overnight for 8- to 12-cup molds.
- Note 1: The gelatin should be the consistency of an extremely dense pudding. Keep it in the refrigerator for approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes (depending on the volume, thickness and chilling temperature). This is best for when you will suspend fruit as you do in this recipe.
- Note 2: The gelatin should not stick to your finger if you touch it. It should be immobile.