Top Review by BarbAmen
This is a must have recipe. It is a great gift idea. I did the same thing only using vodka, and I did it with cherries. OUT OF THIS WORLD. If i could rate this higher I would. try it you'll like it. JERSEYGIRL
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen raspberries in light syrup, thawed
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3 1⁄2 cups brandy
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine raspberry, sugar, and water in a medium saucepan and cook mixture over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves.
- Bring mixture to a boil and reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove mixture from heat, and let cool.
- Pour raspberry mixture into a 1-gallon jar.
- Add brandy, and stir well.
- Cover mixture tightly, and store in a dark place at room temperature at least 2 weeks.
- Shake jar gently once daily.
- Pour mixture through a wire-mesh strainer lined with 2 layers of cheesecloth into jars, discarding raspberries.
- Cover tightly.
- Store at room temperature.
- Use in beverages, trifles, or sauces.