This makes a great addition to vanilla ice cream for a treat, or on pancakes or waffles as a syrup. Recipe from the chef at Wildflower Restaurant at Snowbird Ski Resort.
- Bring water to boil.
- Add raspberries and sugar.
- Allow to boil until desired thickness, 25-45 minutes.
- If compote is not thick enough and a cornstarch and water slurry.
- Serve over ice cream, pancakes, or waffles.
- May use strawberries, blueberries, peaches, mangoes, or apples, or a combination in place of raspberries.
I made a strawberry compote. It was excellent. My dh was in heaven. Served over ice cream for a quick and delicious dessert. I will be using this on my favorite buttermilk pancakes and waffles. It was so quick and easy I can't wait to make this with the fresh raspberries from my yard, this summer, it will rock. Thanks for sharing this treat.
Not able to get a pint of fresh berries, I managed with several cups of a frozen mix of unsweetened berries ~ raspberries, blueberries & marionberries! So easy to prepare, & a wonderful topping for the frozen vanilla yogurt that we most often have! Thanks for the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]