Recipe by CulinaryExplorer
A delicious rich pie that my mom made for holidays and I had to get the recipe! Time to make is just an estimate!
Top Review by anme
What an excellent pie. I made mini versions with my own tart shell and miked a bit of instant coffee into that recipe like yours does. I dissolved the instant coffee into the water when making my crust since the past reviewer said not doing so made the crust seem a bit bitter. Doing so gave a crust a great taste of coffee that was not bitter or overwhelming. I used a mixture of resberries and strawberries in the pie. Very good dessert recipe I plan on making many more times in the near future!
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 cups frozen raspberries, thawed and drained (add about 1/4 cup sugar to sweeten while draining)
Pie Crust ingredients
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
Directions See How It's Made
- Crust Directions:.
- Put all dry ingredients to pie crust in 9-inch pie pan. Mix oil and milk together, and pour over flour mix. Mix with fingers just til all moist. Press into pan. Poke w' fork on bottoms and sides and bake at 350°F 8-10 minutes.
- Pie Directions:.
- Sprinkle Gelatin and coffee over the water in small saucepan. Heat til gelatin dissolves, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and let cool some.
- In mixing bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar, salt, and vanilla til fluffy.
- Beat in warm gelatin mix gradually (VERY IMPORTANT TO DO IT GRADUALLY AND CONTINUOUSLY OR IT WILL BE LUMPY) Chill until thickened.
- Beat with beaters to soften some, add cool whip and beat til mixed well and fluffy.
- Put about half the mix into backed pie shell, making a dipped area to hold the berries.
- Add drained raspberries, top with remaining coffee filling. Chill about 2 hours before serving.