Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
A coworker brought these delightful cookie bars to work one day and everyone fell in love with them. The flavors of the coconut, raspberry and chocolate made for a delightful combination. She brought a large tray with a variety of cookies and these were gone in a flash. I was so glad when she gave me the recipe and can't wait to surprise friends and family with these delicious bars for the holidays.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 2⁄3 cups flaked coconut (7 oz package)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sweetened condensed milk (14 oz can)
- 1 cup raspberry jam or 1 cup preserves
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup semisweet chocolate piece, melted
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate pieces, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F In medium bowl combine graham cracker crumbs and butter. Spread evenly over bottom of 13x9-inch baking pan, pressing firmly to make crust. Sprinkle coconut over crust. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over coconut. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Spread jam over coconut layer. Chill 3 to 4 hours. Sprinkle with walnuts. Drizzle melted chocolates over top layer, creating lacy effect. Chill. Cut into 3 x 1 1/2-inch bars. Enjoy.