Recipe by evelyn/athens
A 'lighter' dessert that doesn't scrimp on taste. Chilling time is not included.
- 2 (7 1/4 g) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 cups frozen raspberries, thawed and drained (2 cups fresh)
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 2 cups non-fat greek-style yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut, toasted (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 4-cup mold or soufflé dish with pan coating or coat with butter.
- In small bowl, stir together sugar and gelatin. In small saucepan over medium high heat, heat 1 cup of the coconut milk until just simmering. Stir hot coconut milk into gelatin mixture until gelatin dissolves.
- In blender or food processor, blend remaining coconut milk, raspberries and yogurt until smooth. Add gelatin mixture and blend. Turn into prepared mold or dish. Cover top with plastic wrap. Chill several hours or overnight.
- If using mold, to unmold fill a large bowl with hot water. Quickly dip mold into hot water, just up to rim. Run tip of sharp knife around edge of mold to loosen. Place serving plate on top of mold and invert to unmold.
- Garnish with additional coconut and raspberries, if you wish.
- Note: you may omit the coconut and replace the coconut milk with whole or 2% milk.