Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are so good,soft cookie with some of my favourite flavors of coconut,almond and raspberry. Very easy to make.
- 3 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter (I use Imperial marg.)
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- raspberry jam
- Combine flour, soda and salt, stir well to blend.
- In another bowl, cream butter, shortening, sugars and eggs thoroughly.
- Add water and almond extract, mix well.
- Mix in flour mixture.
- Stir in coconut.
- Shape into balls, place 2" apart on a ungreased cookie sheet Make an indentation in each cookie (I use the end of a wooden spoon which I run under water so it doesn't stick to dough) Fill with raspberry jam.
- Bake@ 400 for 10 to 12 mins.
- Yield 50 to 54 cookies.
These were a great choice to make with my kids as it was all prepared in ten minutes but my impression from reading the description was that this would be a soft chewy cookie but really this was more like cake which was fine but not for a cookie.It was still very tasty though so if I were to be making a raspberry coconut cake I'd definitely would rate it higher. Also I tried it with less almond extract and more because of the previous review; I definitely don't recommend increasing the almond extract.
These cookies are nice & soft & delicious! The almond flavour didn't come through as strong as I expected it to. They reminded me a lot of Voortman's raspberry turnover cookies.
Thank you so much Rinder for sharing your incredible cookie recipe. These pretty cookies were large, tender, tasty and light. What a lovely blending of flavours; coconut, raspberry and almond...Yummm....Its a keeper.