Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Shortbread crust, layer of raspberry preserves, and a coconut macaroon-like topping--:) My grandmother bakes these every time she comes to visit us--my husband inhales them!
- 295.73 ml flour
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml butter, cut in tbsp
- 44.37 ml cold water
- 2 eggs
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 631.69 ml shredded coconut (7 oz. bag)
- 78.07 ml seedless red raspberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine the flour and salt in a medium bowl; cut in the butter until coarse crumbs form.
- Sprinkle the water over the mixture while tossing to blend well.
- Press mixture evenly onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-inch square baking pan; bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Reduce oven to 350°F.
- Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat the eggs in a large bowl.
- Gradually add the sugar, beating until thick and lemon-colored.
- Gently stir in the coconut.
- Spread the preserves over the baked crust to within 1/4 inch of the edges.
- Carefully spread the coconut mixture over the preserves; bake 25 minutes more, or until golden brown.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
These were great. I doubled the recipe, and took them to my church's annual Baptism picnic. They were loved by all. The only changes were that I used black-current & raspberry jam, and added a little almond extract to the topping mixture. Thanks JamesDean's Girl!