1/1 Photo of Raspberry-Coconut Bars
1 hr 10 mins
Shortbread crust, layer of raspberry preserves, and a coconut macaroon-like topping--:) My grandmother bakes these every time she comes to visit us--my husband inhales them!
My Private Note
dozen b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Combine the flour and salt in a medium bowl; cut in the butter until coarse crumbs form.
- 3Sprinkle the water over the mixture while tossing to blend well.
- 4Press mixture evenly onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-inch square baking pan; bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- 5Reduce oven to 350°F.
- 6Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat the eggs in a large bowl.
- 7Gradually add the sugar, beating until thick and lemon-colored.
- 8Gently stir in the coconut.
- 9Spread the preserves over the baked crust to within 1/4 inch of the edges.
- 10Carefully spread the coconut mixture over the preserves; bake 25 minutes more, or until golden brown.
- 11Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry-Coconut Bars
Serving Size: 1 (871 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1727.7
- Calories from Fat 862
- Total Fat 95.8 g
- Saturated Fat 69.8 g
- Cholesterol 333.5 mg
- Sodium 1031.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 205.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 129.9 g
- Protein 18.6 g