Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I made these on a whim after a BBQ when our guests to decided to stay and play cards. Everyone loved them but said they would be great for breakfast.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Beat butter, brown sugar and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add Flour, 1 cup coconut and oatmeal; mix together.
- Set aside 1 cup of dough.
- Press remaining dough evenly over the bottom of a 9x13-inch pan.
- Spread raspberry over the dough.
- Crumble remaining dough over raspberry. Sprinkle 1 cup coconut over the dough.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Cut into squares and serve.
These are a really nice idea that goes together pretty quickly. While I made the dough as directed and used raspberry preserves, I didn't end up with a thick of a crust as I see in the phot. I'm not sure why. For the topping, I only used 1/2 cup additional shredded coconut, which was just right for us. I also would spray my pan with non-stick cooking spray, since the edges really stuck to the pan, and made it difficult to lift out the bars. Do not even think of cutting these until they are completely cooled, or you will end up with a mess! I will be trying these again, though. They were actually very tasty with a cup of coffee. Thanks for sharing! Made for Spring PAC 2013.