Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A nice change of pace and simple! NOTE: Please see Chef DLH's info about the discontinue of raspberry flavor. Maybe there is another unseeetened raspberry mix you can use instead. The size of the pkg really doesn't make a difference as it still is the size that makes 2 qts of kool aid.
- 3 cups instant powdered cocoa mix or 3 cups sugar-free hot cocoa mix
- 1 (1/8 ounce) package unsweetened raspberry kool-aid (powder)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir till well-blended.
- Store in an airtight container.
- TO SERVE:.
- Stir 2 heaping tablespoons of the mix into 8 ounces of hot water.
This caught my eye as an interesting mix using Kool Aid. I Went to 6 stores for the raspberry kool aid and then went online when I couldn't find a substitute for the unsweetened raspberry flavor and found it was discontinued. Add to that kool aid is made in .15oz pkgs now not .25oz as it used to be. I decided to sub in Orange flavor kool aid and continue on. Rich chocolate flavor with orange undercurrents. I doubled the amount for my mug and added some heavy cream to make it richer after tasting as written. Used Stephen's Gourmet hot cocoa and it was so good. Thanks Nana Lee. You might want to adjust the recipe next time you make it again to reflect the manufacturer's new package and flavors. Strawberry might be a good sub too next time. Quite an adventure. Made for P-A-R-T-Y Dec.2009 cooking event. Enjoy ChefDLH