Recipe by MA HIKER
A nice fruity cookie bar! Be sure you use preserves or 'all fruit" rather than jelly or jam. Feel free to substitute your favorite flavor for raspberry!
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2⁄3 cup raspberry preserves
- 1⁄3 cup oats (quick-cooking or old-fashioned not instant)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray an 8 inch square baking pan with non-stick spray.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter until fluffy, then beat in the brown sugar, vanilla, and salt.
- Gradually add the flour, beating until incorporated.
- Remove 1/3 cup of the mixture and reserve.
- Beat the confectioner's sugar into the remaining mixture in the bowl; pat into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake until golden, about 15 minutes, and let cool slightly.
- Gently spread the preserves over the warm crust.
- Combine the reserved flour mixture with the oats, pinching with your fingers to form clumps. Sprinkle over the preserves, and bake until golden, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly; cut into bars, and serve warm.