Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A dessert or brunch item based on fruit and batter baked together. Found a recipe in the new pink Better Homes and Gardens, but I altered it to fit my own needs.
- 3 cups raspberries
- 1 whole slightly beaten egg
- 2 slightly beaten egg whites
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3⁄4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- powdered sugar
- Preheat Oven to 350°.
- Combine egg whites, egg, sugar, honey, juice, vanilla, and a dash of salt. Beat with wire whisk or mixer on low speed until the mixture is light and frothy.
- Stir in yogurt until smooth. Add flour; beat until smooth.
- Grease bottom of a one quart casserole dish. Spread berries on the bottom, sprinkle with sugar if you like. Pour batter over top of the berries. It won't cover the whole thing, but you'll get most of it.
- Pop in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Remove and slice the way you would a pie into six pieces.
- Serve with powdered sugar sprinkled on top.
This was good, although we found the tartness of the citrus flavor of the rest of it to be a bit overpowering. I might try it with blueberries next time to cut down on the tartness.