Raspberry Chocolate Trifle
- 1 (18 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 2 (8 ounce) packagesnestle chocolate raspberry mousse mix
- 1 (8 ounce) jar raspberry preserves, stirred until smooth
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen raspberries
- 1⁄2-1 cup light corn syrup
- puree frozen raspberries, strain to remove seeds, Add corn syrup, to desired sweetness
- make cake according to pkg. directions. bake in 2 round pans.
- slice cooled cakes into 4 layers. poke holes in the cakes.
- make raspberry sauce.
- mix mousse according to pkg. directions.
- layer cake, raspberry preserves, raspberry sauce and mousse.
- This can be made ahead, but the raspberry preserves soak in after a few hours. My son and I like it that way, but some people think it's too soggy.
- Cook time is for baking the cakes.