1/2 Photos of Raspberry-Chocolate Tart
1 hr 15 mins
Raspberries and chocolate make a special blend. It is one of my favorite flavor combinations. Although this dessert takes a little while to prepare, it is luscious and beautiful to present at a dinner party. Plus, everything can be done in advance.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the crust
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 large egg yolk
- 6 tablespoons raspberry jam
For the filling
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1For the crust: In a medium bowl stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa and salt.
- 2Using fingertips, work in the butter until it resembles coarse meal.
- 3Add water and egg yolk and mix with a fork until well combined.
- 4Gather up the dough and form into a rectangle and chill at least 20 minutes and up to 4 days.
- 5If made in advance let soften slightly before rolling out.
- 6Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 7Butter and flour a 13+3/4x4inch tart pan with 1 inch sides and a removable bottom.
- 8Roll out the dough to a 15x6 inch rectangle, between two sheets of plastic wrap or wax paper.
- 9Peel off one sheet of wrap and invert the dough into the prepared pan, pressing evenly to fit.
- 10Freeze until firm, about 10 minutes, Peel off second sheet.
- 11Trim edges.
- 12Line crust with foil will with pie weights and bake until crust is set, about 12 minutes.
- 13Remove foil and weights.
- 14Bake until crust begins to darken around the edges, piercing with a toothpick if it starts to bubble up, about 12 minutes more.
- 15Remove from oven, spread jam over crust and bake about 3 minutes longer until jam is set.
- 16Cool completely on a rack.
- 17For the filling: In a small heavy saucepan, bring whipping cream to a boil.
- 18Remove from heat and add chocolate, whisking until melted and smooth.
- 19Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until chilled but not firm, about 45 minutes.
- 20With an electric mixer, beat the chocolate-cream mixture until very thick and semi firm.
- 21Spread over jam in crust.
- 22Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 23Before serving, arrange raspberries on top of chocolate.
- 24Combine sugar and cocoa and sift over tart.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry-Chocolate Tart
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.5
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 115.6 mg
- Sodium 123.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 24.3 g
- Protein 5.7 g