Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Rich and interesting--a cross between a cookie and a pastry! Chocolate and raspberry are a "WOW" combination, but there's no reason why other jam and chocolate combinations won't work. Enjoy:)
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons or 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- COOKIES: Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Cream the butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and lemon zest until creamy, about 2-3 minutes, using an electric mixer at medium speed; scrap bowl often.
- Reduce mixer speed to low; add the flour and salt.
- Beat until well mixed, about 1-2 minutes.
- Divide dough into fourths; roll out one piece at a time (keep remaining dough chilled) on a lightly floured surface into a 10" square.
- Cut into 16 2 1/2" squares.
- Place 1/2 tsp.
- jam in the center of each square.
- Top each with 1/4 tsp.
- chocolate chips.
- Moisten the edges of the squares with the egg white; fold dough over filling to form a triangle and crimp edges with a fork.
- Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Place the pockets 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Cool cookies completely on a wire rack.
- Melt the chocolate chips and the shortening together in a saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth.
- Drizzle over the cooled cookies.