Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from Weight Watchers® Quick Italian Favorites - they callled them "tortes" to be fancy but they look like cupcakes to me. Only 4 FLEX points per serving for these gooey treats. And did I mention QUICK?
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup seedless raspberry preserves (sugar-free, such as Dickinson's)
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar (or Splenda for baking)
- 3⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons non-fat fudge sauce (or use my No Guilt Hot Fudge Sauce)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons seedless raspberry preserves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Coat 9 muffin cups with cooking spray, and dust with 2 tablespoons cocoa. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Add 1/4 cup preserves and the half–and–half, stirring with a whisk until preserves melt.
- Remove from heat; add 1/2 cup cocoa, stirring until smooth.
- Combine granulated sugar and egg substitute in medium bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until mixture ribbons; about 5 minutes.
- Gradually add chocolate mixture to egg mixture, beating until smooth.
- Add flour, beating until blended. Stir in vanilla.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. Spoon 1 teaspoon fudge topping into center of each torte.
- Bake at 450° for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are set and center is soft.
- Cool 2 minutes. Run a thin, flexible knife around edge of each muffin cup. Carefully invert onto a baking sheet; transfer to dessert plates.
- Combine 2–1/2 tablespoons preserves and 1–1/2 teaspoons water in a small microwave–safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 20 seconds or until preserves melt; stir until smooth.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon raspberry sauce over each cupcake; dust each with 1/2 teaspoon powdered sugar.
Sweet Jesus take me home! THESE ARE AMAZING!! They combine my favorite flavors chocolate and raspberry! Everyone that had them raved about them! I did have to increase the baking time by about 10 minutes. I also have to say - I don't know what I did to the Fudge sauce you reccomended but that was a total bust!
Made for zaar tag. This was easy to make but I'm sorry we just didn't like it. Had to cook it about 10 minutes longer than suggested. Taste was not as good as I had hoped. It is a weight watchers recipe, which I tend to like most of their recipes. Sorry, SusieQusie, maybe someone else will like this better.