One word: Mmmmmm! Adapted from a King Arthur Flour recipe. Tried it with blueberries and it was awesome!! I have changed the temperature of the oven for 350 as 400 was a bit too high. :)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups chocolate chips
- 24 -36 fresh whole raspberries (or frozen)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F Lightly grease (or line with cupcake papers) a 12-cup square or standard muffin pan; or lightly grease a silicone muffin pan.
- Prepare the crumb topping by mixing the ingredients together until very moist and crumbly. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted margarine, milk, and eggs. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips. Add the dry mixture to the liquid and stir until combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups. Push three small or two large raspberries down into the top of the batter; they don't need to be covered by batter. Sprinkle with the crumb topping, using a slightly heaped tablespoon for each muffin.
- Bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes, until they are golden brown and feel set when you touch them in the middle. Remove them from the oven, and let them stand for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
Excellent Muffin Recipe! I didn't use the crumb topping, and made a few small changes: I used butter instead of margarine; I mixed 4 tsp. of instant coffee into the milk; I added 1tsp. Vanilla; I used more raspberries (2pts) & mixed them right into the batter rather than adding them at the end. Very moist, great texture & nice flavor. Will definitely make again!
I used Pamela's GLUTEN FREE pancake and baking mix, it did fine. I also made it with LESS SUGAR, using only 5 Tbs, it didn't need any probably at all as the sweetness came through via the rasberries and mini choc chips. I used organic WHOLE MILK, Grass Fed BUTTER rather than margarine...the recipe allows for all these changes just fine. I left off the topping and they were delicious
Is there a limit to how many I can eat?! I actually used butter instead of margarine because it was all I had in the house, so I don't know if that changed it at all, but they ROCKED! Also, I made them into mini muffins and baked them for about 15-17 minutes. They were super moist and I ate them warm so that the chocolate was melting and delicious!