Recipe by Dreamgoddess
I received this recipe from an e-mail group I belong to. You can substitute white chocolate chips if you would like. As an alternative to dropping by teaspoon, you can pipe small mounds on the parchment paper. This will make them relatively the same size.
Top Review by apayne
Thanks for posting this recipe. Mom made these when I was little, and I have wanted to share them with my children. Mom has no idea where her recipe went, but as I read this I know this is what she made for us back in the day. I am so happy to make them this Christmas for my family. Thanks for sharing! : )
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons raspberry gelatin powder
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- Combine the egg whites and salt in a bowl; beat until frothy.
- Gradually add in the gelatin and sugar; beat until each addition is dissolved.
- Beat until soft peaks form; add the vinegar and combine well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a teaspoon, drop mounds onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 25 minutes; turn off the oven.
- Leave the cookies in the oven with the door closed until the cookies are firm and dry to the touch.
- This should take at least 20 additional minutes.