Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I received this recipe from an e-mail group I belong to. You can substitute white chocolate chips if you would like. As an alternative to dropping by teaspoon, you can pipe small mounds on the parchment paper. This will make them relatively the same size.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- Combine the egg whites and salt in a bowl; beat until frothy.
- Gradually add in the gelatin and sugar; beat until each addition is dissolved.
- Beat until soft peaks form; add the vinegar and combine well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a teaspoon, drop mounds onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 25 minutes; turn off the oven.
- Leave the cookies in the oven with the door closed until the cookies are firm and dry to the touch.
- This should take at least 20 additional minutes.