Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I made this and it is yummy! I am posting for ZWT 2006. Raspberries make a ruby red sauce to serve with this chip rich cake.
- 680.38 g frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 44.37 ml icing sugar
- 177.44 ml butter
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 532.32 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 354.88 ml sour cream
- 354.88 ml chocolate chips
- 59.14 ml light cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Measure out 1 cup of the raspberries; thaw in sieve, reserving juice. Set aside the cup of berries.
- Thaw remaining berries; puree in food processor, adding reserved juice.
- Press through sieve to remove seeds; add icing sugar.
- In bowl, cream butter with granulated sugar until fluffy; beat in eggs, one at a time, and vanilla.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add half to the butter mixture.
- Stir in sour cream; stir in remaining flour mixture and 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Spread half into a greased 10 inch Bundt pan; sprinkle with reserved drained berries.
- Spread remaining batter on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Invert on rack to cool completely.
- Transfer to plate; slip strips of waxed paper under cake.
- Melt remaining chocolate chips with cream.
- Pour over cake, drizzling down sides. Remove wax paper.
- Serve with raspberry sauce.
ABSOLUTELY GREAT TASTING CAKE, THIS ~ We totally enjoyed the wonderful flavor combo of chocolate & raspberry as well as the 'filling' in this bundt cake! I'll definitely be making this one again, & soon! Thanks for a great recipe keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my swapmates in the the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #33]
Well shoot my printer didn't print the last part about using the raspberry sauce, and I was playing way stupid and didn't check the puter, just added it to the chocolate cream icing...made up pretty darned nice if I must say so myself. Everyone here loved the cake and the icing, which was also drizzled onto the plates. Thank You for another great recipe.
Well once I read the directions right this turned out perfect. I love the chocolate chips in this recipe and the raspberry sauce is perfect for this cake. I did add another tablespoon of the icing sugar for personal preference. Excellent cake susie. Thanks.