1/1 Photo of Raspberry Choco-Nilla Mini Swirl Cupcakes
I made these on the night of our opening ceremonies Olympics party! They turned out amazing! I recommend these for a party or a social gathering; they are a real crowd pleaser! Even for a fancy dinner you can make this into a cake and serve it with wine! They can also double for a breakfast-in-bed sort of muffin because without frosting, they aren't that sweet! This is an extremely versatile recipe.
My Private Note
mini cu ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup softened butter (1/2 stick)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1Preheat oven to 360°F.
- 2Cream butter on medium high on electric mixer.
- 3Add in sugar little by little until butter and sugar are creamed together.
- 4Add one egg into the mixture and mix until completely blended.
- 5Sift together flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder together onto a sheet of wax paper.
- 6Alternate adding in flour mixture and milk into the butter mixture until batter is formed.
- 7Split batter into 3 separate sections, 2 of the sections slightly less than the other section.
- 8Melt the chocolate on medium low heat with a double boiler. once melted add in the whole milk.
- 9Once slightly cooled add chocolate into one of the sections that has slightly less batter, and incorporate.
- 10Put raspberries into a small saucepan along with lemon juice, sugar, and half of the water.
- 11Turn on stove to medium heat, and squish raspberries.
- 12Mix cornstarch with remaining water and mix thoroughly.
- 13Once raspberry mixture is slightly heated, add in cornstarch mixture.
- 14Let sauce cook for 5-6 minutes, then remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
- 15Add sauce into another slightly smaller portion of the batter, and mix thoroughly.
- 16Add vanilla into the last portion of batter.
- 17Grease mini cupcake tins.
- 18Use 3 separate spoons for each of the different portions as you scoop 1/2 spoonfuls of batter onto the sides of the muffin tins (preferably raspberry on one side, chocolate on the other, and vanilla in the middle on top). Fill the tins 5/6 to the top.
- 19Swirl with a toothpick.
- 20Bake in oven for 5-7 minutes and keep them in the oven when the oven is turning off.
- 21Take out of oven, and let cool before removing from tin.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry Choco-Nilla Mini Swirl Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (18 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 45
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 69.2
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.6 mg
- Sodium 63.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 1.1 g