Prep 45 mins
Cook 5 mins
Tired of dried out chicken breasts? Then you are going to love these. They are brined for about 30 minutes, grilled and glazed with a flavorful raspberry-chiptole glaze.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 cup hot water
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry preserves
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 lime, juice and zest of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground dried chipotle powder
- Lightly flatten the chicken breasts to 1/2 inch thickness to promote even cooking.
- Mix together the salt, sugar and water until thoroughly combined; add the chicken and allow the chicken to brine for 30 minutes.
- Slightly warm the raspberry preserves until liquid, add remaining ingredients, mixing well; divide in half.
- Remove the chicken from brine, brush with half the glaze, place on hot grill and cook for approximately 4 minutes turning only once; leaving the grill uncovered.
- When plating, drizzle the remaining glaze over the chicken and enjoy!
Awesome recipe and so very easy! Thanks Paula for yet another GREAT recipe!! Updated as I have altered this for our tastes. I use split bone in chicken breasts (and brining is a MUST). I add 1/4 cup frozen raspberries and 1 pepper (jar or canned whatever I can find and freeze remaining for next time). AMAZING! I like to serve with Spanish Rice and a tossed salad.
Brining chicken breasts is brilliant. I don't know why I thought I had to have a whole turkey/chicken. The sauce for this is easy and tasty. My whole family raved about the tenderness. I'm going to try this glaze with duck.
What a great glaze. Just the right amount of spicy flavor. We loved it and will be making it again. Thanks!