A Taste of Home Recipe. Healthy and wonderful; definitely a "wow" kind of meal! I add a shake of Tobasco sauce to the marinade and I add mandarine orange slices and some almonds or sunflower seeds to the salad. Do DRIZZLE the dressing on the salad mixture, as it is thick and sweet and wonderful. . .but it is easy to over-do it (trust me. . .I dumped all of the dressing in the salad bowl and had to add extra lettuce to compensate).
- 6 tablespoons seedless raspberry preserves
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil (may substitute 1/2 tsp dried)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- 10 ounces torn romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
- Pour 1/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add tuna steaks. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30-60 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade to use as salad dressing.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill tuna, covered, over medium-hot heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, carrot and cucumber; drizzle with reserved marinade and toss to coat. Divide among four plates.
- Top each salad with sliced, grilled tuna.
This is an absolutely wonderful meal!! The flavour is gorgeous and the tuna in the marinade works so well, it gives flavour with out taking anything away from the tuna. I made as is except you will see from the photo I did add extra salad ingredients, this was just personal preference. I had my sister over last night and she was still going about how good last nights dinner was when I dropped her at the station this morning. I totally agree with her it is one of the nicest, lightest and thoroughly delicious meals we have enjoyed in ages. A fantastic post JanuaryBride!!!